0

Ebonyi state governor, Dave Umahi, this Sunday July 12 salutes President Muhammad Buhari describing him as a forthright leader.

Dave Umahi

He disclosed that the President has displayed such crucial attribute in government since assumption of office almost six weeks ago.

Umahi stated this  when he paid a private visit to the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo at his hilltop residence in Abeokuta.

He also eulogized Obasanjo for using his wisdom in piloting the affairs of the nation.

While disclosing his reservation over Obasanjo roles during and after the general election,he said: “after the election, politics should be played down,the welfare of the people, rebuilding the nation should be in the front burner and that has been what you’ve been preaching sir. And we are very grateful. 

READ ALSO: Buhari Avoids Meeting With Saraki – Sources

“We see a great nation in Nigeria. And I use this opportunity to thank Mr. President sir and to say one of the greatest things that will move this nation forward is forthrightness,which President Buhari has been displaying.

“In our meetings, every governor is pleased with him. It is not a question of being in this party or the other. He displays rare sense of humility, honesty and the willingness to carry this country forward. 

“And that’s what we are looking for. We are not interested in this party or other party,we are interested in the man who has the welfare and the interest of the nation at heart”,Umahi disclosed.”

The governor also commended President Buhari’s efforts to  restructure the accounts of the Nigeria National Petroleum Company (NNPC).

He hinted that he had once discussed the issue with Obasanjo,which he expressed dissatisfaction over how the sector is being run.

He stated: “President Buhari directive to stop many accounts of NNPC is a welcome development and I’m sure, it gladdened you because I had discussed that with you and you complained bitterly about the way it was being run; when they keep more money than what they give the federal government. 

“So, we thank you and I want to say sir that you continue to support President Buhari, and I’m very sure with you sir by his side, he is going to deliver in his promises. We are grateful to you sir and we pray that God will continue to sustain you and give you wisdom.

“It’s amazing sir, because you are a great man that is full of wisdom. I know the hands of God are so much about you and you are an acclaimed leader of the universe, God has kept you for us and will continue to sustain you.

“We have the opportunity to right the wrong,there is no administration that wouldn’t have some ills, but the most important thing is the ability and the knowledge and wisdom to identify them like you just advised me here; all those good ones will continue with them, the bad ones you can always right them.

“We thank you because you are always there for our nation, you are always there for our people and we thank God who has given you health and great wisdom to continue with this job. I praise your courage and wisdom”,Umahi said.

Obasanjo earlier in his welcome address described the governor as his in-law,reminding him of his role during one of his sons marriage to an Ebonyi girl,where,according to him, “when we came on that occasion, you were the one who spearheaded all the arrangement and the reception for us. I thank you for that”.

READ ASLO: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Osinbajo Spotted With Akon

The former president said: “I was saying that because your state is reasonably peaceful, people in Nigeria don’t hear much about Ebonyi and yet, what I know of it is the dynamic, it’s also a complex state, it remains a peaceful state. I believe the honour and commendation goes to you and your predecessors. 

“I know of course as I said jokingly that you, being governor should not be strange to you because you have been in the corridor. In fact more than the corridor, you have been in the sitting room of power before your taken over.

“I want to say this so that you pressmen can hear it. One of the things that Ebonyi is noted for is rice and I want my in-law in his capacity as my in-law, I wants you to be feeding your daughter, I wont say more than that.

He promised to visit the state soonest to retaliate the honour given to him and his people by the governor.

Obasanjo added: “I really appreciate this honour and of course, I would only end like Idi Amin,since you have been so kind to pay me and all of us here this courtesy visit, I will have to retaliate by making sure that I come to Ebonyi in not too distant future.”

 

The post Buhari Integrity Stood Him Out – PDP Governor appeared first on News on Naij.com | Today's Nigeria Breaking news & headlines..

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. However, do not spam or abuse others when commenting. Untasteful comments will always be deleted.

 
Top